This complete bokashi composting starter kit offers our best value, and is consistently one of our best sellers to those new to bokashi composting. In this kit, we’ve included everything you need to successfully start bokashi composting.
Each 2 bin bokashi composting starter kit includes:
- 2 x bokashi kitchen composters with,
- air tight lids,
- spigots for draining the bokashi tea,
- bottom strainer plates,
- durable handles,
- cup to collect bokashi tea,
- includes Complete Guide to Bokashi Composting booklet,
- your choice of 2, or 4 x 2.2 lb (1 kg) bags of premium bokashi bran.
Each 2.2 lb (1 kg) bag of bokashi bran is enough to ferment 5 full kitchen composters. For an average family, this is about 3 to 4 months worth of food scraps per 2.2 lb (1 kg) bag.
Other uses of bokashi bran
Microbe rich bokashi bran has multiple other household uses! In addition to building better soil, you can also:
- dig it into existing compost piles to help re-invigorate them (this is especially popular during the colder winter months). With the addition of bokashi, life quickly returns to the pile, greatly speeding up the pile’s activity and quality of compost.
- see great results by adding it directly to the garden as a soil enhancer. Simply dig in half a cup of bokashi per cubic foot of soil before planting into your garden or potting containers. The bokashi provides perfect conditions for plant root development.
- add it to kitty litter boxes, animal cages and outhouses to help control odors. Simply sprinkle the bokashi bran in these areas for a noticeable difference.
Storing bokashi bran
Bokashi bran is best stored in an airtight container, out of direct sunlight, and within a few degrees of room temperature. When stored correctly, our bokashi bran will remain fully active for up to 18 months. Our bokashi bags are zip-lock style, and can be considered as airtight for storage.
Warranty and support
All our bokashi kitchen composters come with a complete 1 year warranty. This includes lids, spigots and drain plates. We also offer ongoing bokashi composting support to all our customers. Simply call or email us and we will be more than happy to answer any bokashi composting questions you may have!
Our strict production process ensures that our bokashi bran is always of optimal quality and freshness, before delivering to your door. We test and thoroughly dry each manufactured batch prior to shipping.