Save over 35%, and also economize the most on shipping cost with this 22 lb (10 kg) bulk purchase!
Our premium compost accelerator (bokashi bran) is a careful mix of bran and molasses, and is infused with billions of beneficial bokashi microorganisms. It has been double fermented, using the highest quality bacterial cultures (enhanced EM1 +), to ensure that it’s teeming with billions of live microbes, ready to ferment and compost your food scraps. These beneficial microbes are proven to be a key ingredient for building healthy and productive soils, and plant roots thrive on them.
This 22lb comes packaged in a double tied off, heavy duty plastic bag. Our strict production process ensures that our bokashi bran is always of optimal quality and freshness, before delivering to your door.
What’s included in this bulk package?
Each 22 lb (10 kg) bulk package includes:
- 22 lb (10 kg) of premium bokashi bran,
- Complete Guide to Bokashi Composting booklet,
- Cup for scooping the bokashi bran,
- 2 x heavy duty zip-lock bokashi bags for daily bokashi storage and use
Other uses of bokashi bran
Microbe rich bokashi bran has multiple other household uses! In addition to building better soil, you can also:
- dig it into existing compost piles to help re-invigorate them (this is especially popular during the colder winter months). With the addition of bokashi, life quickly returns to the pile, greatly speeding up the pile’s activity and quality of compost.
- see great results by adding it directly to the garden as a soil enhancer. Simply dig in half a cup of bokashi per cubic foot of soil before planting into your garden or potting containers. The bokashi provides perfect conditions for plant root development.
- add it to kitty litter boxes, animal cages and outhouses to help control odors. Simply sprinkle the bokashi bran in these areas for a noticeable difference.
Storing bokashi bran
Bokashi bran is best stored in an airtight container, out of direct sunlight, and within a few degrees of room temperature. When stored correctly, our bokashi bran will remain fully active for up to 18 months. The 2 x heavy duty zip-lock style bags we include with this package are airtight, and good for daily bokashi use and storage (they hold about 1.75lb (800g) each). For storing the remainder of your bulk order we recommend you place it in your own sealed and airtight container(s). This will promote optimal freshness and maximum shelf life.