This 1 bin bokashi starter kit provides everything you need to get bokashi composting started successfully in your home, office, school or community. Using a single bin is the preferred option for kitchens that don’t generate very much food waste, such as single occupancy homes, apartments, offices and classrooms. Also it’s perfect for those gardeners who don’t have a lot of garden space requiring compost, like an apartment with a small patio. For all other households, we recommend using our 2 bin system, as using 2 bins allows for a CONTINUOUS collection of your food waste.
This is one of our best selling bokashi composting kits, and is recommended for anyone looking to succeed with bokashi composting in their own home.
What’s included in this Starter Kit?
Each 1 bin bokashi starter kit includes:
- 1 x bokashi kitchen composter with,
- air tight lid,
- spigot for draining the bokashi tea,
- bottom strainer plate,
- durable handle,
- cup to collect bokashi tea,
- includes Complete Guide to Bokashi Composting booklet,
- your choice of 1, 2 or 3 x 2.2 lb (1 kg) bags of premium bokashi bran.
Each 2.2 lb (1 kg) bag of bokashi bran is enough to ferment 5 full kitchen composters. For an average family, this is about 3 to 4 months worth of food scraps per 2.2 lb (1 kg) bag.
Other uses of bokashi bran
Microbe rich bokashi bran has multiple other household uses! In addition to building better soil, you can also:
- dig it into existing compost piles to help re-invigorate them (this is especially popular during the colder winter months). With the addition of bokashi, life quickly returns to the pile, greatly speeding up the pile’s activity and quality of compost.
- see great results by adding it directly to the garden as a soil enhancer. Simply dig in half a cup of bokashi per cubic foot of soil before planting into your garden or potting containers. The bokashi provides perfect conditions for plant root development.
- add it to kitty litter boxes, animal cages and outhouses to help control odors. Simply sprinkle the bokashi bran in these areas for a noticeable difference.
Storing bokashi bran
Bokashi bran is best stored in an airtight container, out of direct sunlight, and within a few degrees of room temperature. When stored correctly, our bokashi bran will remain fully active for up to 18 months. Our bokashi bags are zip-lock style, and can be considered as airtight for storage.
Warranty and support
All our bokashi kitchen composters come with a complete 1 year warranty. This includes lids, spigots and drain plates. We also offer ongoing bokashi composting support to all our customers. Simply call or email us and we will be more than happy to answer any bokashi composting questions you may have!
Our strict production process ensures that our bokashi bran is always of optimal quality and freshness, before delivering to your door. We test and thoroughly dry each manufactured batch prior to shipping.